Thursday, July 12, 2012

Today was a day for AWESOME!

Today is/has been a day for awesome. I got involved in something with the potential to be big, but first, I'm gonna harp on the Culture of Integrity graduation event.

Mad greets to my bros David and Bryan, and my Hannahs Ruth and Ruttles. They graduated from our youth group's "Culture of Integrity" program tonight. They had to do a lot of hard but awesome stuff to pull this off, and they earned it. It really made me realize that badassery is actually made up of lots of small, almost-normal-but-not-quite things.

And, they got awesome swords to sweeten the deal! W00t w00t!

So, my big thing: Fellow in a subreddit I hang out in started talking about a charity notion he had. One of the things he wanted/needed was is website design. I offer to take a whack at it, despite never having done such a thing before.

He decided to take me up on it.

So now, I am slightly-more-than-three-quarters-seriously committed to looking around and trying my hand at creating a website. I actually think this is a good thing. It gives me something productive to work on, and I could really use the 'get out', even if it's a purely virtual get out.

The charity idea is approximately half-baked, but other than that this is going to be, as I said, AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment