Sunday, November 25, 2012

Review: The Wizard Heir

I picked up this book, The Wizard Heir, at the local library recently. It's got a nifty coverimage of a fancy magic staff, and a fascinating description that really made me want to read it.

It turned out that I'd read another book by the author in the same 'verse. I didn't notice this at first, I picked it up from the author description in the back some time after first picking it up. This was okay, I only very vaguely recalled the other book, and Wizard Heir recapped more than well enough to stand on its' own.

I rather kinda liked this book. The plot works quite well, it occasionally taking a while to get around notwithstanding, and she's got an interesting magic system going. The world is quite believable, and no, not because she uses real-world locations; it has to do with how it's written. I'd say she's put a good amount of thought into how this verse works.

Final verdict: I liked it. Go ahead, give it a read. I'll encourage you to check out The Warrior Heir too, but you don't really need to have read it to get this.

No comments:

Post a Comment