Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Review: Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter

Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter. Title says it all, really.

No, I almost literally mean that. Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter is a straight-up Abraham Lincoln biography, with vampires shoehorned in. It's not even good at either of those.

The book is, well, boring. The biography parts are technically accurate, as far as I know at least, as I haven't bothered to check them, but the writing is terribly dull. The vampires are fine vampires, I suppose; I don't know all that much about vampires either.

Final Verdict: 2/10 Dump it. I can just about guarantee you can find more interesting Lincoln biographies, ones that are better, more accurate, and don't resort to shoehorning in weird myth-things. It might be useful for getting raging vampire addicts to read about Lincoln, but that and fire-building are about the only things it's good for and I'm not sure about the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment