Thursday, August 30, 2012

What is Blogging?

The other day, I came across a post on "Penguin" Pete's blog where he outline a bunch of stuff on what blogging is and what it is not. He was reacting to someone complaining about wanting something like a blog, but not a blog.

The point is, blogging is blogging, you shouldn't be blogging if you don't like it, and a blog should have a point, or at least a theme. This made me realize that I haven't really established a theme for mine.

So why am I blogging? I have to admit, I wasn't entirely certain myself. At its core, this is pretty personal. I'm blogging because I feel like it, because I need a place to put my stuff where I can always get at it, and because there's things I want to keep track of. There's going to be a fair amount of reviews on here, even if they're too sparse to be of use to anyone else -- Those are here for me, to help me remember what-all I've read. There's also going to be a fair amou nt of tech stuff / how-tos on here, includeing Linux ones. ( *Le Gasp* Another Linux blog? No, another blog with Linux as a topic.) If these are helpful to you, so much the better, but again they're mainly here for my sake. So... Yeah. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment